Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 bananas
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup strawberry preserves without sugar
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- fresh strawberries, about ½ - 1 cup, sliced
- In a large bowl, mash the three bananas.
- Add the maple syrup to the mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Add the oats and raisins, and stir to combine.
- Line a round baking pan with parchment paper. Spread half of the banana mixture evenly over the bottom of the lined pan.
- Spread the strawberry preserves evenly over the oat mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the preserves.
- Spread the remainder of the oat mixture over the preserves/walnuts.
- Decorate the top of the cake with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For an equally delicious cake, ubstitute strawberries for blueberries and strawberry preserves for blueberry preserves.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet