PP: Mango and Papaya Salad
Chef: Melik and Nick Alanzo
Makes: 3 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 5 ounces of shredded ripe Mango
- 6 ounces of shredded green (not ripe) Papaya
- 3 ounces of steamed tofu cut in 1x1 slices
- 1 T agave
- 1 T lime juice
- 1/4 t garlic
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of kosher salt (optional)
- Cut Tofu into 1x1 slices and steam for 4 minutes.
- Shred Mango and Papaya with mandolin or julienne very fine.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons Agave with 1 T of lime juice, ¼ teaspoon of garlic, a pinch of white pepper powder and a pinch of kosher salt if desired.
- mix well and combine with the Mango, Papaya, and tofu.
- Toss and serve.
Melik & Nick Alanzo, Executive Chefs and Owners of "Indo" Restaurant, Keego Harbor, MI.