Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 10 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10
- 1 dozen small red potatoes (the small bite-size potatoes work best)
- 1 small container baba ghonouj without oil (Whole Foods sells brands without oil)
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- Boil potatoes 5 - 10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each in half.
- Slice off a portion of the rounded bottom of each potato so the potato will sit on a plate without leaning.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the center, making it large enough to hold the filling.
- Fill half of the potatoes with baba ghonouj. Fill the other half with slices of roasted red peppers.
- Top the baba ghonouj with parsley. Top the red peppers with basil.
*Baba ghanouj, also called baba ghanoush, is a savory purée of eggplant flavored with tahini, lemon juice and fresh herbs.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet