Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: None
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup canned or frozen corn
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1 T chopped canned medium chili peppers (or use the whole 4 oz. can if using mild peppers)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 - 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, avocado, beans, corn, cilantro, and peppers.
- Stir in the lime juice, cumin, and hot pepper sauce.
- Set aside at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Enjoy this dip on crackers, as a pasta topping, or in a tortilla.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet