Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock (preferably low sodium)
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place leeks in saucepan and water-saute for 5 - 10 minutes, until tender.
- Add broccoli, vegetable stock, and nutritional yeast. Cook until broccoli is tender, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Blend until large chunks are blended. (This is most easily accomplished using an immersion blender because you won’t have to let the soup cool to blend it. If you need to use a blender, let the soup cool a bit before blending.)
- Season with pepper.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet