PP: Kale Rainbow Salad
Chef: Jessica Meyers Altman
Makes: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
• 5 cups chopped kale
• 4 cups chopped Napa cabbage
• 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
• 1 cup diced red pepper
• 1 cup chopped scallions
• 2 cups (1 whole) diced mango
• Fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp quality balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced, about 1 tbsp
1. Cut mango and drizzle with some fresh lime good juice. This will prevent it from oxidizing and turning brown. It also makes the flavor pop!
2. Place all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss. An alternative would be to massage some of the greens with some of the dressing to make them softer in texture. If doing this, add the rest of the ingredients after you rub the dressing into the cabbage and kale.
3. Place salad dressing ingredients into a canning jar and shake, or place into a blender and blend
4. Serve salad dressing along side salad, or toss to serve. Remaining dressing keeps well in the fridge.
Jessica Meyers Altman
Associate Professor of Whole Food Nutrition & Living
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Garden Fresh Foodie blog: www.gardenfreshfoodie.com