Chef: Katie Mae
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 7 minutes
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 oz tomato paste
- ½–1 cup water
- 1½ cups cannellini or great northern beans (15-‐oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1½ tablespoons Italian no-‐salt seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a medium sauté pan or skillet over medium-‐high heat, add onions and cover with a lid.
2. Once the onions start to turn translucent, a few minutes, stir in the tomato paste and water. Mix it until the sauce has an even consistency.
3. Stir in the beans and no-‐salt seasoning. Continue to sauté until the beans are warmed up.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh basil. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve warm.
1. You can store for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Katie Mae, Culinary Coach and Owner, Plantz St. Culinary Gym & PlantzSt.com