Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 c pre-cooked potatoes (roasted, steamed, or boiled)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c fresh baby spinach or baby kale, chopped
- generous sprinkle of Mexican Seasoning and/or Creole Seasoning
- sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper (to taste)
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet, add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add a bit of water or broth to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Once the onions start to brown, add the bell peppers and jalapeño and continue to cook for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften, but are still tender-crisp.
- Stir in potatoes and black beans, and continue to cook until ingredients begin to blend together and are all rich in color.
- Add the greens and allow the leaves to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately with whole grain toast or warm tortillas.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.