Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 c organic corn (2 or 3 ears, fresh corn on cob, OR one 10-ounce package, frozen corn)
- 1/2 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 1/2 t kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, chopped or diced
- 1/4 c fresh basil, minced (optional)
- Prepare the corn, steaming until tender crisp.
- Remove from heat, drain and allow the corn to cool.
- Carefully remove the kernels from the cob into a bowl, with a sharp knife. (You’ll be able to skip this step if using frozen corn.)
- The cooked corn can be thoroughly chilled in the refrigerator at this point, until ready to assemble.
- When ready to serve, in a medium size bowl, toss the corn with the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add avocado and basil (if using).
- Toss gently and serve immediately.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator and a Certified Personal Chef, and a graduate of the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program through the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com.