PP: Roasted Carrots, Potatoes and Onions
Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 c water (or more, if needed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- creole seasoning, to taste
- Finish: 1 t dried dill (or more, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place vegetables in a large nonstick roasting pan with 1/4 cup water. Add the seasoning (except dill) and combine gently.
- Roast uncovered for 40 minutes, then stir gently, and add another 1/4 cup of water (or slightly more) if needed.
- Continue to roast for another 20 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are nice and tender. Remove from oven.
- Season with dill, and additional salt and pepper (if needed). Serve warm.
Optional Byline : VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.