PP: Baked French Toast
Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 c nondairy milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 4 slices whole grain bread, sliced in half diagonally
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, blend milk, banana, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- In a 9” x 13” baking pan, place bread triangles, so they fit snuggly in the pan in a single layer. Carefully pour banana mixture over the bread. Flip every slice a couple of times to ensure each one is very well-coated on both sides.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and crusty on the outside, and still a little soft and moist inside.
- Serve immediately, topped with your choice of powdered sugar, fresh berries (or other fruit), or/and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator and a Certified Personal Chef, and a graduate of the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program through the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com.