PS or PP: Pumpkin Mookies
- Chef: Jill Ovnik
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 15 oz. can solid-pack organic pumpkin puree
- 1 14.5 oz can organic pinto beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/2 cup cooked
- 1 c Date paste (15 pitted dates processed with a ½ c water)or (pure maple syrup, agave, etc)
- 1 c vanilla non dairy plant milk
- 1 c golden raisins (optional)
- 1 c chopped walnuts (PP if eliminated)
- 1/8 c molasses (optional)
- 1 T vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a blender combine pumpkin, pinto beans, sugar, nondairy milk, vanilla, & molasses if using.
- Blend this mixture well, running your blender or food processor for a couple minutes to liquify together.
- Pour the wet mixture from blender into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Add the raisins and nuts if using. Drop, using a small scooper if you have one, onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze leftovers.
Check out Jill's video & recipe resource at HealthyFactsInc.com. Her enthusiasm and passion infuses a plant based lifestyle with creative events like a "Walk on the Beach" retreat in beautiful South Haven, MI.