PP: Spicy Green Beans with Shallots, Garlic and Ginger
Chef: Vicki Brett Gach
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Tiime: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add a bit of water or broth to avoid sticking to the pan as needed. Once they start to brown, add the garlic and jalapeño, and continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add all of the green beans to the hot pan, along with the ginger and Braggs or soy sauce. Turn down the heat to medium, and stir frequently until the beans are well coated with the sauce, and the beans become just tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat. Season to taste, and serve immediately.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.