Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 5 oz of vegan dark chocolate
- 2 T raw pecans, chopped
- 2 T raw hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 T dried apricots, diced
- 1 T unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 T candied ginger, diced
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (like Silpat) or with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler heat the chocolate until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans and hazelnuts briefly in a small skillet over medium heat. Don't allow the nuts to burn. Remove from heat.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on the prepared baking sheet into a 6 x 8-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with the toasted pecans and hazelnuts, and then the apricots and cranberries. Finally sprinkle with the candied ginger. Press ever so lightly to make sure it all touches the chocolate.
- Allow the bark to sit at room temperature for about an hour, or until firm. Break bark into pieces, and serve.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.