Chef: Cathy Katin-Grazzini
Makes: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes for squash & reduction
Total Time: 45 -50 minutes
- I delicate squash, cut lengthwise, seeded
- 3 T date sugar or maple syrup
- Arils from ½ lg pomegranate or 1 small whole pomegranate
- 2 shallots, peeled, small dice
- ½ c fresh raw walnut halves, broken into small pieces (Option soak & dehydrate to increase nutrient bioavailability) (If eliminated, recipe would be PP)
- 4 c young arugula leaves, washed
- 1 lg tight Chioggia radicchio or 2 Treviso rosso radicchio, thinly sliced
- Iodized sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- A nice drizzle of white balsamic vinegar reduction
- To dress, use a reduction of white balsamic vinegar straight up or diluted with a splash of orange or lemon juice.
- To reduce balsamic vinegar, pour a large bottle of milder white balsamic vinegar (avoid those with preservatives or coloring additives) contents in a pot over a low flame and allow water to evaporate slowly & flavors to concentrate.
- Remove when it coats the back of a spoon or to a desired viscosity.
- Reduce in a well-ventilated kitchen as the vapors are strong. Store in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator or if you are a fan and like to use quite a bit, at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F (200 C). On parchment paper, place the delicate halves face down and bake for 15 minutes. Turn over, sprinkle on date sugar or brush maple syrup on squash flesh and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until fork penetrates easily. Remove. Cool. Cut in ½ inch slices.
- Combine all the salad components in a bowl or arrange them on a platter or individual plates.
- Season and dress immediately before serving.
Cathy Katin-Grazzini is a Plant Based Nutrition Coach, Culinary instructor & Personal Chef. "Discover the joys of cooking with plants, wake up your senses & take back your health."
Visit me at www.cathyskitchenprescription.com