Chef: Chuck Underwood
Makes: 12 Biscuits
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 mins for biscuits IF cheese sauce ingredient is pre-made.
ATTENTION!!! This recipe calls for Chuck's "Amazing Vegan Cheese Sauce". This will take you about 25 minutes to prepare PLUS it works better if it has chilled to a gelatinous state)
- 2 c flour (I use King Arthur bread flour)
- 1 T baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ¾ t salt
- ½ c Cheese Sauce (see recipe on Brand New Vegan or PBNSG)
- 1 c unsweetened plain Almond Milk
- 2 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Whisk almond milk and vinegar together and set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add cheese sauce and stir in with a fork until it resembles large crumbs
- Slowly pour in buttermilk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just slightly combined
- Spoon out onto a floured work surface and gently knead 2-3 times
- Roll out dough to 1" thickness and cut circles with cup, glass, jar, or biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on parchment lined cookie sheet so they touch each other
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.