Chef: Terri Edwards
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 T green onion chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher, smash the chickpeas and avocado together.
- Add in cilantro, green onion, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.
- I like to add fresh spinach leaves.
- You can also stuff the spread into an endive or other lettuce leaf and serve for a beautiful and delicious appetizer!
- This salad also makes a great dip. Serve with cut up veggies, no oil crackers or pita chips.
- Best eaten the day it is made because it turns brown due to the avocado.
TERRI EDWARDS is a Licensed Food for Life Instructor and Educator. Connect with Terri at her blog EatPlant-Based.com & blog.eatplant-based.com for her latest recipes and plant-based living tips. Follow her on FaceBook at (https://www.facebook.com/EatPlantBased/)