PS or PP: Banana Oat Pancakes
Chef: Terri Edwards
Makes: 6-8 Pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 c oat flour
- ½ c whole grain flour (oat if you want gluten free)
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ¼ c chopped walnuts (Eliminate walnuts to make recipe PP)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 T pure vanilla
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 ½ t apple cider vinegar
- 1 c vanilla almond milk (or not vanilla)
- Add all dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, salt, walnuts) to a large bowl, and mix together. Make sure
- to only use oat flour if gluten intolerant.
- In another bowl, mash banana with a fork or potato masher. Add all other ingredients (vanilla, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and almond milk) Whisk together thoroughly.
- Combine ingredients of both bowls, dry and wet, stir thoroughly.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet. I use an Ozeri pan and am able to cook until the tops bubble and edges are dry. Turn pancakes over and cook the other side for about 1 minute, until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup drizzled over the top.
TERRI EDWARDS is a Licensed Food for Life Instructor and Educator. Connect with Terri at her blog EatPlant-Based.com & blog.eatplant-based.com for her latest recipes and plant-based living tips. Follow her on FaceBook at (https://www.facebook.com/EatPlantBased/ )