Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 c leeks, trimmed, rinsed, and sliced (or 1/3 c sweet onion, diced)
- 1 large carrot, cut into very thin julienne strips
- 1 T fresh ginger, minced
- juice of one orange (approximately 1/2 c)
- 2 T Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 lbs baby bok choy, trimmed, rinsed, sliced thinly (leaves and stalks)
- 1 package extra firm tofu, diced or crumbled
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- Siracha Sauce (or extra hot habanero sauce)
- To serve: 2c – 3c Steamed Brown Rice
- Heat a large wok or skillet with 1/4 c of water. Sauté leeks and carrots for about 5 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- Stir in the ginger, orange juice, Bragg’s, vinegar, and the bok choy greens and leaves.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and continue to cook until greens are wilted and bright green, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pineapple (if using) and the Spicy Tofu on top of the bok choy mixture, and gently stir for one minute to heat through.
- Serve immediately over steamed brown rice.
- Heat a large wok or skillet with 1/4 cup of water. Add tofu to the pan and brown slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle to taste with Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and hot sauce.
- Continue to cook until browned well. Turn off heat and set aside.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.