PS or PP: Colorful Quinoa Salad
Chef: Jill Ovnik
Makes: 8-10 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 1 c celery, diced
- 1 c or handful of spinach, chopped
- 1 16 oz jar mandarin oranges, drained (or use 3-4 little snack size)
- 1/2 c cherry peppers, or grape tomatoes, or roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 c green onions, sliced
- 1/4 c slivered almonds, baked on sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (optional roasting the almonds really brings forth the nutty flavor) (If you eliminate almonds, this recipe would be PP)
- 1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 vegan bouillon cube (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a medium-small covered casserole dish with parchment or spray with non-stick spray removing the excess with a paper towel. (Remember 1/3 of a second is all you get for zero calories)
- Place quinoa, 2 c water and the bouillon in the casserole, stir, cover and bake for 60 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients.
- When quinoa is cooled, stir well and add it to the bowl. Season to taste. Serve.
- You can store leftovers up to 5 days in refrigerator.
Check out Jill's video & recipe resource at HealthyFactsInc.com. Her enthusiasm and passion infuses a plant based lifestyle with creative events like a "Walk on the Beach" retreat in beautiful South Haven, MI.