Member Contributor: Jessica Hallenbeck
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Time: 35-45 minutes
- 2 Apples, cored
- 2 C Butternut squash
- 1 C Quinoa, cooked
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Nutmeg
- Non-dairy milk, optional
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Place apples on roasting pan, sprinkle cinnamon on flesh.
- Cut butternut squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Place on roasting pan flesh side down.
- Bake for 25-35 min, or until you can easily pierce flesh with a fork.
- Remove skin from butternut squash (use a knife or scoop out with a spoon). Place cooked squash in blender to puree (may need to add a bit of milk or water, I used a splash of almond milk).
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients and cook for about 5-10 min or until heated through.
- I topped mine off with a splash of coconut milk.
- Cook quinoa in bulk ahead of time so it's ready to use for a dish like this.
- I prepared the quinoa in this recipe with homemade vegetable stock, no salt was added.
An enthusiastic PBNSG member, Jessica is passionate about plant based nutrition dishes that are delicious. Visit her on Facebook& Instagram: http://www.facebook.com/jauntingwithjess