Chef: Will Kriski
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 c of whole wheat flour (or chick pea flour, quinoa flour, etc)
- 1 c of water
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 c or more of whole wheat bread crumbs (make your own from oil-free bread, use gluten free, etc)
- Mix the water and flour together to form a thick paste like pancake batter.
- Slice onions into ring shapes.
- Dip each ring into the batter and then in the bread crumb coating. Place on 2 baking sheets lined with Silpat non-stick sheets or parchment paper.
- Bake at 450F on upper rack for about 20 minutes – time depends on oven, etc so watch to make sure they are crispy but not burnt.
- Dip with ketchup, tofu ranch dip, bbq sauce, etc.
To see more simple, quick & no-oil-starch-based recipes along with healthy weight loss advice, visit Will Kriski’s site www.potatostrong.com