PS or PP: Leftovers for Lunch (served inside a squash!)
Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 1 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 - 60 minutes (unattended cooking)
- 1 small round squash
- Leftovers, i.e. rice, beans, and any cooked vegetable
Sauce (Eliminate this particular sauce because of the peanut butter, to make PP. Vegan Cheese Sauce made with Yukon Gold & Carrots, may be a PP alternative)
- 1 T peanut butter
- ½ T tamari soy sauce
- 1 T water
- Dash of ginger powder
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 t maple syrup (0ptional)
- Cut the top off squash. Scoop out the seeds, and place water in the cavity.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 - 60 minutes, depending on the size of the squash. Use a fork to test for desired tenderness.
- Reheat the leftover rice, beans, and veggies in a microwave. Place the rice and beans inside the squash cavity. Place on a plate and surround the filled squash with the reheated vegetables.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of squash.
Substitute the sauce for any favorite you have on hand.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet