Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 to 2 c of fresh salad greens (red romaine, baby spinach, baby kale, radicchio, etc. )
- 1 to 2 c of a variety of raw or steamed chopped vegetables (carrots, celery, zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli, etc.)
- 1/2 to 1 c of cooked whole grain and/or starchy vegetable (brown rice, quinoa, butternut squash, corn, etc.)
- 1/2 c of cooked beans (black beans, chickpeas, edamame, hummus, tofu, tempeh, etc.)
- Garnish (fresh herbs, dried fruit, olives (PS), diced dill pickles, raw nuts (PS)
- Dressing (splash of salsa, flavored vinegar, fresh-squeezed citrus juice, etc.)
- Place a bed of fresh greens at the bottom of your bowl.
- Over the greens, place next to one other, just like friendly neighbors, the other vegetables, along with grains and beans.
- Garnish with your choice of herbs, dried fruit, nuts, etc. Dress as desired.
- Enjoy your creation.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.