Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 2-4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup instant or rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ T maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 - 2 pkgs. frozen fruit (use any combination of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, etc.)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 ½ T cornstarch
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If using rolled oats, place them in a blender and blend until finely ground.
- Place instant (or ground) oats in a bowl. Add cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add maple syrup and applesauce and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a pie plate, combine the fruit, maple syrup, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Scatter the oat topping over the fruit filling.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until oats are slightly browned.
Double the recipe if you expect a bigger crowd.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet