Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 6 - 12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium-sized russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- baby spinach (about a handful or two)
- Water-saute potatoes, onion, red pepper, and garlic (if using) until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, mixed vegetables, zucchini, black pepper, and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir to wilt. Voila!
- This super-healthy soup recipe makes enough for many lunches and dinners throughout the week.
- Let the soup cool and then place portions in plastic bags for no fuss workday meals. Super easy, super healthy, super delicious!
- Serve with whole grain bread or a baked potato for an even-more-filling meal.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet