Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- ¼ c tamari soy sauce
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- ⅛ - ¼ t cayenne pepper, depending on heat preference
- whole-grain pasta or brown rice, cooked
- Peel eggplant. Cut into four sections. Thinly slice each section.
- In a medium bowl, mix tamari, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Add eggplant slices to bowl and mix to coat each slice
- Line a baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil. Place eggplant slices on lined baking pan.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Place eggplant on top of heated pasta or rice and serve.
- To keep preparation time at a minimum, keep a supply of precooked whole-grain pasta and rice on hand for easy weekday meals.
- Date paste (presoaked and blended dates) can be substituted for maple syrup.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet