PP or PS: Bruschetta Potatoes
Chef: Katie Mae
Makes: 24 each
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 33 minutes
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 4 T onion, minced
- 1½ T balsamic vinegar
- 1 t dried oregano
- ¾ t garlic granules (3 cloves, minced)
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- ¾ c fresh basil, diced after measuring
- ¼ c pine nuts or walnut pieces (PS)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice potatoes into rounds ¼ - ½-inch thick. Try to be consistent with the thickness.
- Lay the potato slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake them for 12 minutes. Flip the potatoes and put them back in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until they have your desired firmness.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and put them in a large bowl.
- Add minced onion to the bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oregano, garlic and pepper.
- Stir dressing into the tomatoes, then the basil.
- Add the nuts to bruschetta just before scooping it onto the potatoes.
- When potatoes are done remove the tray from the oven and top each potato round with bruschetta.
- If you’d like the topping warmed up, then put the tray back in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Best served before the potatoes cool.
- If you have time to make the bruschetta topping ahead of time, let the mixture sit for 20 minutes at room temp before adding to potatoes. This will allow the flavors to marinate.
- This recipe is also delicious chilled, but it is best served within hours of when it’s cooked.
Connect with Katie Mae on Facebook where she shares more recipes, tips and resources for a stellar plant-based diet! You can also have her recipes delivered to your inbox.