Member Chef: Cathi Salach
Makes: a 9 x 13 pan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
- 1 lb. frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 lb. frozen peaches, thawed
- Liquid or dry sweetener, to taste (optional)
- 4 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 qt. plus a little more non dairy milk
- 2 T Cinnamon, or to taste
- Non dairy milk to pour over your oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper or foil (to catch any overflow) & place 9 x 13 pan on top.
- Evenly distribute thawed fruit over bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle or drizzle sweetener over fruit. (optional)
- Spread oatmeal over fruit.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over oats, and using your fingers gently work cinnamon into oats.
- Slowly pour milk over all. You should see a little milk floating on top. You can always use more or less milk.
- Place all in oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Other fruit combinations can be used. Tasty with sweet cherries and blueberries.
- Makes good leftovers.
- Great for an evening snack. You'll think you're eating dessert.
- Can be made with instant oats. Reduce cooking time.
It's the food!