Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 18 to 20 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 small to medium sweet potato, baked, steamed, or microwaved (approx. 3/4 c)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 c unsweetened apple butter
- 1 t cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 4 pitted Medjool dates, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash sweet potato with a fork. Add mashed bananas, along with remaining ingredients to the bowl, and mix thoroughly until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop batter evenly with a tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet to form approximately 18 cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes, or until tops of cookies are dry and firm to the touch. Allow to rest on cooling rack for a few minutes, and serve warm.
Vicki Brett-Gach is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator and a Certified Personal Chef. Follow her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen [http://www.annarborvegankitchen.com] at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.