PS: Apricot Almond Nuggets
Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Makes: approx. 32 1 1/2-inch nuggets
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes with time in fridge to firm up
- 1 c dried unsulphured apricots, covered in boiling water, soaked for at least 10 minutes or until apricots are soft
- 1 c raw almonds
- 1 c old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c roasted almond butter
- Pinch sea salt, optional
- 1/4 t almond or vanilla extract or vanilla flavor (vanilla in glycerin), optional
- Place the apricots and the water they were soaked in into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade, and process until the apricots are broken down and almost paste-like, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pulse in the almonds until they are chopped into small pieces. Add the almond butter, oats, salt (optional) and extract (optional). Continue to blend until well combined, but not smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes before scooping.
- Using a small ratcheted scoop, scoop the mixture into 1 1/2-inch nuggets and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Let set in the fridge covered till firm, about 30 minutes, before transferring to an airtight container.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days in the fridge, or freeze.
- Try soaking other dried unsulfured fruit in place of the apricots and sub in different nuts too.
- Add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to kick up the taste.
Recipe by Andrea Seppinni