Chef: Zana Nikodinovski-Jancevski
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
• 2 cans of black beans rinsed thoroughly and drained
• 2 cans of yellow corn rinsed thoroughly and drained or two bbq corn on the cobs
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• 1 large bell pepper (chopped)
• 1 C finely chopped cilantro
• Juice of two limes
• ½ t cumin
• ½ t chili powder
• ½ t salt
• ½ t freshly cracked pepper
- Using a large glass bowl, add the black beans, corn, garlic, pepper and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, add the juice of two limes, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Once the dressing has been completed, pour the dressing over the mixture and toss gently with two wooden spoons.
- You may serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allowing the ingredients to marinade together.
- Once you’re ready to serve, you may garnish with additional cilantro. Or can add your favorite tortilla chips as a dip or using the salad mixture as a taco stuffing will work equally as well.
- As always season to your liking. I try to keep most herbs; spices and seasoning on the lower end since most often our diets determine what we can and cannot have or what we can/cannot tolerate. If you are avoiding salt then please omit and you add celery salt (sodium free) instead.
- If you want to make this salad for a guest(s), you may double the ingredients and you will easily have enough if you choose to eat the salad alone, as a fresh dip or as a taco stuffing. If you choose to make this into a taco stuffing, I would recommend that you bbq two corns on the cobs rather than using two cans of corn. The bbq corn will pair nicely with your slightly toasted corn tortilla, which both can be easily accomplished at the same time on your bbq.
To your health,