Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20
- 1 15-oz can of each of the following beans: garbanzo, black, kidney, navy
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes or Siracha
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Put everything in a pot and stir. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
Tip: Add a handful of raw spinach at the end for an extra nutritional boost.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet