Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 zucchini, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 8-oz box couscous
- 1 can beans (black, garbanzo, or pinto)
- Place chopped veggies in a pan with about ¼ cup water.
- Cover and steam until tender, about 8 - 10 minutes, adding more water if pan begins to brown.
- Rinse and drain beans. Heat in a microwave just enough to gently warm.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Mix salsa into steamed vegetables
- To serve, place couscous on plate and top with steamed veggies.
- Top with beans and serve.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet