Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: about 10
- Whole-grain pasta (whole wheat, spelt, or brown rice)
- 2 handfuls of raw spinach
- ½ can artichoke hearts, quartered (in water)
- capers, approximately 2 T
- 1 tomato
- Cut tomato into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat tomato and artichokes in microwave just long enough to gently warm.
- On each plate, place a handful of raw spinach.
- Sprinkle capers on top of spinach.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and place on top of spinach.
- Add artichokes and tomatoes on top. Serve.
Tip: Add some heated no-oil marinara sauce if desired. Walnut Acres makes a Tomato-Basil brand that contains no oil.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet