Chef: Jean and Gary Hayes
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5-10 min
Cook time: NA
Total time: 5-10 min
- 1 very large cucumber or 2 med to large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 full recipe of tofu sour cream (http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/tofu-sour-cream/) We don’t measure the lemon juice or vinegar when we make this and it comes out great every time.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon or more of dill, as desired
- 1-2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the cucumber and onion thin. If you have a mandoline, this works great and makes quick work of the job.
- Add the vinegar, dill, and parsley to the tofu sour cream. The tofu sour cream will only take a couple of minutes to mix.
- Mix the tofu sour cream with the cucumbers and onions and add the pepper.
- Place in the fridge while you prepare your meal.
- If you don’t like dill, experiment with herbs you DO like.
- Don’t tell anyone this is “special” cucumber onion salad if you take this to a picnic or family gathering. They will never know!
- This is a great summer dish while farmers markets abound in many areas. Buy local and you will taste the difference.
Remember to have fun with your food and enjoy! http://theplantbasednurse.com/