Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Makes: 2 generous sundae servings or 4 2-scoop servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced 1/4-inch thick and frozen
- 1-2 T almond milk, as needed
- 1 t vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split open, contents scraped from the bean with the back of a paring knife*
- Pinch of fine sea salt, optional
- 1 c frozen tart red cherries, rough chopped
- 1/4 c chopped raw almonds, toasted in a dry skillet, cooled, to fold in to ice creamy or top ice creamy when served
- Maple syrup to top ice creamy, optional
- Small stainless steel or glass bowl, chilled
- Place the frozen bananas, 1 T milk, vanilla extract or paste, almond extract and salt in the carafe of a high-speed blender or bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse the banana mixture until well combined, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Add the tiny scraped out seeds from the vanilla bean and the second tablespoon of almond milk only if necessary into the mixture and blend to a creamy soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer the soft-serve mixture to the chilled bowl, and fold in the chopped frozen cherries; if you prefer to fold in the almonds as well, do so now.
- Cover the Cherry-Vanilla Bean Ice Creamy and place in your freezer for approximately 45 minutes or until scoopable.
- When ready to serve, scoop into dessert dishes, and top with toasted chopped almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup. Of course, you can just enjoy a naked scoop in all it’s cherry-vanilla deliciousness too!