Chef: Katie Mae
Makes: about 3 cups
Prep time: 30 minutes soak time & 5 minutes for ingredients and blending
Cook time: 0
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup cashews soaking in 1 cup water for 30 minutes
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
- Add cashews, soak water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, and optional red pepper flakes to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. The longer you blend the creamier it will be.
- Add fresh herbs and pulse a few times until they are finely chopped. You should see tiny pieces of herbs and the sauce should have a light green color.
Connect with Katie Mae on Facebook where she shares more recipes, tips and resources for a stellar plant-based diet! You can also have her recipes delivered to your inbox.