Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz. 6-inch diameter corn tortillas, any color, preferably organic (least ingredients possible: corn, water, trace of lime), cut into fourths or eighths, depending on how large you want each chip
- 1-2 medium lemons
- Salt-free taco seasoning or chili powder, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Line at least two sheet pans with parchment paper or silicone sheets (I prefer parchment for this application).
- Lay the cut tortilla triangles out on the pans close together.
- Cut one lemon in half through the center, and score slightly with the tip of your knife into the pulp. Holding the lemon cut-side-up squeeze it as you move across the chips to moisten.
- Quickly sprinkle the lemon-juice moistened tortilla triangles with seasoning.
- Repeat for all trays of cut tortillas.
- Place one tray on the center rack and one on the bottom rack; bake for 4-5 minutes
- Rotate racks; bake for 4-5 minutes more or until chips are crisp and golden, checking frequently.
- Remove the trays from the oven on to cooling racks to cool the chips completely.
- Repeat the process with remaining cut tortillas until all the chips are baked.
- Serve immediately or store in a zippered storage bag.
Tip: Easy Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips are delish with my recipe for Roasted Tomatillo Salsa!