Chef: Zana Nikodinovski-Jancevski
Makes: 3-5 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large head of green cabbage sliced medium to thick
- 1/2 T of dried garlic powder
- 1/2 t sea salt 1/2 t freshly cracked pepper
- 1 T of Mediterranean seasoning
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is heating up line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Make sure that the head of cabbage has been washed thoroughly. You may peel a few layers off if you like.
- Using a cutting board and a large butchers knife, slice the cabbage into long thick steaks. Each steak should be about 1 inch thick.
- When you’re finished slicing the entire head of cabbage, lay the slices of cabbage on top of the parchment paper. Try not to overlap any of the steaks. If you have too many steaks, then use another baking sheet for the remaining steaks.
- Sprinkle the above seasoning generously on top of the sliced cabbage steaks.
- Once done, place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake the cabbage steaks for 30 minutes or until the edges of the cabbage become dark and the remaining cabbage is tender.
- Once the cabbage has reached your desired texture and color, take the steaks out of the oven and allow the cabbage steaks to cool slightly on your stove top or a cooling rack.
- Once the steaks have reached a temperature that is cool enough for you to handle, using a large turning spatula slowly slide the spatula under the steak and transfer the steaks on to a plate.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Tip: Serve warm with redskin mashed potatoes, a heart healthy salad or drizzle with your favorite dressing or homemade condiments.
To your health,