Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 5 mini breads (3-inch x 6-inch each) or 12 muffins
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 24-28 minutes, mini-breads (18-24 minutes, muffins)
Total Time: 36-40 minutes, mini-breads (30-34 minutes, muffins)
- 2 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c nondairy milk (I use unsweetened soymilk)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 1 c frozen dark cherries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 5 mini bread pans (each 3-inch x 6-inch), or line 12 muffin cups with parchment liners.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bananas, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until almost combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Fill baking pans or muffin liners evenly.
- Bake breads for 24-28 minutes / muffins for 18-24 minutes, or until golden, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
Vicki Brett-Gach is a writer, blogger, culinary instructor, Certified Personal Chef, and Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach. Follow her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.