Chef: Denise Kling-Pelto
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
(Does not include time to make the crumbles) See Recipe below
- 1 12 oz pkg of whole grain pasta
- 1 can black beans thoroughly rinsed
- 2 6 oz containers of whole fresh raspberries
- 1/2 c walnut halves
- 1 small chopped sweet or red onion
- 2 c of blanched broccoli mini florets
- ¾-1 c oil free raspberry vinaigrette
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and cook according to package
- Meanwhile, cut off broccoli stems to the crown, separate into mini florets approximately ½ a head
- Place broccoli mini florets in steamer until tender, not fully cooked. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, rinse well in cold water; drain
- Place black beans in a colander and thoroughly rinse
- Place pasta, black beans, mini broccoli florets and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover w/ raspberry vinaigrette.
For Tofu Crumbles
Makes: 2 cups/recipe
Not including tofu prep freezing, thawing and pressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg lowfat tofu
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 T maple syrup/brown rice syrup
- Freeze the tofu the day before
- Leave in refrigerator overnight to thaw
- Drain liquid
- Press out remaining liquid by placing in a thick kitchen towel. Press down with bricks or a weighty book, weight, etc. Leave approximately 1 hour.
- Break tofu up in bowl
- Whisk low sodium soy sauce or amino acid and maple syrup
- Pour liquid over your tofu
- Turn into a hot pan
- Continually turn over until browned a bit crispy.
- Do not burn
- Sprinkle over you Raspberry Pasta Salad or anything that receives savory flavor well.