Chef: Zana Nikodinovski-Jancevski
Makes: (4) servings
Prep time: (20) minutes
- 2 large organic beef steak tomatoes
- 1 small white or red onion
- 2 large peppers (bell pepper, cubanelle or hot banana)
- 1 large organic cucumber
- 2 green onions julienned
- 1 t Celtic sea salt
- 1 t fresh cracked pepper
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/2 c freshly cut parsley
- 4 T Organic apple cider vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes, onion, peppers and cucumbers into generous “chunky” pieces.
- Place the cut up vegetables into a deep glass bowl.
- Add the fresh cut parsley into the glass bowl; sprinkle the all herbs (salt thru garlic powder).
- Add additional herbs to reach desired taste.
- Gently toss the vegetables with a wooden spoon; this will help to incorporate the herbs onto the vegetables. Make sure you do this before adding the vinegar.
- Generously drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the cut up vegetables.
- Gently toss the mixture with a large spoon. Allow the salad to marinade in your fridge for about 30 minutes.
- During the 30 minutes the vegetables will release their own ‘water”. Do not pour the excess water out, use that as additional “dressing”.
- Toss veggie salad in the glass bowl and plate the salad into a shallow bowl.
- Serve as a main course or as a side with your favorite sandwich or wrap.
- Add a side of chickpeas for added protein and fiber for a balanced meal.
- We love this salad as a meal in itself.
- This particular salad is best during the summer months since local fresh vegetables are more available.
To your health, Zana