Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 - 60 minutes
- 1 16-oz. package extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari soy sauce
- Wrap a few clean linen towels around the block of tofu and press with hands for a few minutes to absorb excess water.
- Cut the block of tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Place tamari soy sauce in a bowl, add the tofu pieces, and mix gently to absorb the soy sauce.
- Place the marinated tofu in a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove tofu and turn each piece with a fork.
- Bake for an additional 15 - 30 minutes until tofu is desired firmness.
- Anyone transitioning to a plant-based diet who thinks they don’t like tofu should try this recipe.
- This recipe makes chewy, flavorful cubes that can be used as a topping for any rice or pasta entree.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet