Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 15-0z. can butternut squash
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ½ t sage leaves
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Brown rice fettucini noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Handful of raw baby spinach (optional)
- Grind cashews in blender until finely ground
- Add squash, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, sage leaves, black pepper, and ½ cup water. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ½ cup water; blend until smooth.
- Heat sauce in pan over stovetop.
- For each serving, place raw spinach on plate and top with hot noodles. Place ¼ - ½ cup sauce (or more, to taste) on noodles and toss to mix.
- Serve over a bed of raw spinach for an extra nutritional boost.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet