Member Chef: Cathi Salach Makes: 4 entree servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes after cooker comes to pressure
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, snipped
- 1 large onion ,diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 10 oz.boxes of grape tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 4 oz. Jar Chopped pimento, oil free
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1 t fennel seed
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- A few twists fresh ground black pepper
- Good sprinkling of salt (optional)
- Nutritional yeast
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. 5-10 minutes
- Cut or snap green beans into bite size pieces.
- Add tomatoes & cannellini beans.
- Toss all to mix.
- Add all seasonings and liquid from pimentos. Toss again.
- Cook at HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- Add pimentos and toss.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve over grains or red or yellow potatoes or pasta.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutritional yeast.
- Some pressure cookers may need only 3 or 4 minutes to cook.
- Can be prepared on stovetop.
- Serve with a tomato sauce if you wish.
It's the food!