Member Chef: Cathi Salach Makes: 5 dinner servings
Prep Time: 45 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
- 12-13 oz. Whole grain fat free spiral pasta
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 bell peppers, red, orange or combo, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 1 bunched green onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. Low sodium tamari sauce, optional
- 1 tbsp. Stoneground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Dry oregano
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain and run cold water over it. Leave in colander to cool while you chop veggies. Toss a couple times to let out the heat.
- Chop all veggies and put in a large bowl.
- Add garbanzo beans.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Add cooled pasta to veggies and toss.
- Pour about 1/2 of the dressing over the pasta and veggies, toss well & give it a taste test.
- Add more dressing if desired, but if making the salad ahead of time save a little to add just before serving.
- Chill Until ready to serve.
- A great potluck dish.
- Use any veggies you like. This is a good "clean out the fridge recipe".
- Whole wheat pasta can taste bitter. Rice or quinoa/rice are alternatives.
It's the food!