PS or PP: Creamed Spinach Pizza
Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 3-4 Servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- ½ c sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 12-oz. pkg. firm or extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ T dried dill
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ c Kalamata olives, sliced (eliminate to make PP)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 whole-grain pizza crust (without oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in warm water and soak for 20 minutes or longer. When softened, chop tomatoes, and set aside.
- Drain spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Place yellow onion in ⅛ c water and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender, place silken tofu, cooked onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, dill, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer tofu mixture to a medium bowl, add spinach and hand-stir into tofu mixture.
- Spread tofu/spinach mixture onto pizza crust. Add sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and red onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until pizza is heated throughout and slightly browned on edges.
Tip: The tofu/spinach mixture provides a thick pizza topping. If you prefer a thinner topping, save some of the topping for use as a delicious dip for vegetables, crackers, or bread.
Jeannie Hudkins, author: Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet