Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 t sweet relish
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 T diced onions
- 6 oz. extra firm silken tofu, diced
- 1/8 t granulated garlic
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 t yellow mustard, optional
- 1/3 c plant based (low/no oil) mayo, such as MayNo
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Kala namak (black salt), to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the drained rinsed chickpeas in a medium bowl and mash well with a potato masher.
- Stir in the mayo, mustard, optional, relish, celery, onions, granulated garlic, turmeric, kala namak and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Fold in the diced tofu. If you have time, chill to allow the flavor to develop, but otherwise dig in.
- Serve scooped onto lettuce leaves or spread generously on bread with lettuce or sprouts.
http://www.plantchef.com/springchickpeaegglesssalad/ for full post.
You may be able to find kala namak at an international market or it can be ordered online. This
is a great dish to make for non-plant based eaters too!
COPYRIGHT 2015 | PLANTCHEF.COM