Chef: Carol D'Anca
Makes: 4 Salads
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium lemons sliced thin
- 1t date sugar
- 8 – 10 sage leaves – cut in thin strips
- 1 c small red cherry tomatoes
- 1 c small yellow tomatoes
- 1 c small orange tomatoes
- ½ c flat leaf parsley leaves
- ½ c fresh mint leaves
- 2 T pomegranate molasses
- small red onion sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the lemon slices for roasting: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Drop the slices in very hot water for about 2 minutes. Remove and drain well.
- Place the lemon in a bowl and toss with the date sugar.
- Mix together well and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until you see the lemons have dried out a little. This process will intensify the taste of the lemon. Over roasting will turn them black.
- When the lemons are done roasting combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss together, add salt and pepper to taste.
Search out the finest and most colorful small tomatoes insuring the eye appeal of this wonderful salad.